This 15-20 hour per week part time position is designed to help meet the needs of the Mt. Pleasant children’s ministry. Additional hours connected with Vacation Bible School are anticipated.
Accountability: The Director of Children’s Ministry is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor and secondarily, to the Personnel Relations Commission (PRC) and the Governance Board of the Mt. Pleasant Church. The person in this position will make a quarterly (April, July, October and January) report to the Governance Board and the PRC. (This report can be in an electronic format.)
- Attend weekly staff meetings, plus any other meetings as necessary.
- Provide leadership, vision and administrative oversight for all areas of the church’s children ministry, infant through fifth grade.
- Work in a cooperative team effort to integrate the children’s ministry into the overall ministry and mission of the church.
- Effectively communicate the children’s ministry to both children and parents.
- Recruit, equip, motivate and encourage teachers, assistant teachers and other leaders for children’s ministries.
- Ensure that all volunteers working in the children’s ministry have obtained the requirements in accordance with Pennsylvania Child Protection Laws.
- Implement procedures to ensure safety and security of the Children’s Department.
- Oversee curriculum selection for Sunday school, children’s worship and the Wednesday evening programs for ages 3 through 5th grade. The curriculum will reflect the church’s theology, values and philosophy of ministry.
- Prepare lessons and teach children as needed for Sunday school, Junior Church, Wednesday night activities and other special events.
- Meet regularly with the Children’s Coordinating Commission (CCC) to plan and discuss the vision of the Children’s Department.
- Promote children to new Sunday school classes at the beginning of the new school year.
- Purchase budgeted resources and supplies.
- Take advantage of continuing education opportunities in the area of children’s ministry.
- Seek ways for the children’s ministry to become a “point of entry” for unchurched families of the community.
- Develop and maintain effective polices for child discipline and for ministry to children with special needs.
- Maintain the library, bulletin boards and church bulletin announcements that promote the activities connected with children’s ministries.
- Provide parenting classes as required.
- Provide teacher education and technology training for the children’s staff.
- Lead a Vacation Bible School committee to plan and implement the annual school.
- Appoint a promotion person for Rhodes Grove Camp and arranges for transportation of children to and from the camp.
- Directly oversee any special children’s events throughout the year.
- Recommend equipment needs to the Property Commission.
- Publish brochures that highlight the ministries for children at Mt. Pleasant including Cub Scouts.
- Prepare and supervise a budget for the children’s ministry and submit budget requests to the Finance Commission by November 1.
- Available for additional assignments given by the Senior Pastor, Governance Board, and the PRC.
The successful candidate will possess:
- a vibrant relationship with God which demonstrates itself in his/her lifestyle, relationships and conversations.
- a passion for both enabling children to begin and grow a relationship with Jesus, and equipping parents to be the primary spiritual influence in their child's life.
- skill and experience in both team building and the administrative tasks of ministry.
Interested candidates should submit the following to
Pastor Jim Bolich:
- Cover letter
- Written testimony and call to ministry
- Links to social media profiles