It is important that each individual and
family decide for themselves when it is time to return to on-site gatherings.
Some will be quick to return. Others won’t be able to return until after a
vaccine is in place. Many will be somewhere in-between. All of these are good
choices and we support you in making the right choice for your own health,
safety, and comfort.
For those who choose to attend on-site, please carefully consider the following guidelines:
- The 11:00a worship service will be provided online.
- Cleaning teams will sanitize
restrooms and worship spaces between services.
- If you are feeling unwell or have been exposed to individuals who have either tested positive for COVID-19 or are quarantining, please join us online instead of coming to an on-site gathering.
- There will be no printed programs or shared Bibles, pens, items available.
- There will be no children’s ministries provided. Children will sit with and be supervised by the adults who bring them. Keep in mind that no handouts or writing devices will be available.
- Restrooms will be open, however water fountains and other food/beverage service will not be available.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available in the narthex, MPR, and lower lobby.
- Masks are required at all times when inside our facilities. Doing so protects the most vulnerable around you. If you are unable to wear a mask, please continue joining us online.
- There will be no handshaking, fist/elbow-bumping, hugging, or any personal contact among those gathering for on-site worship.
- Offering boxes will be available in both the sanctuary and MPR. Online giving options will continue.
- Because singing spreads particulates up to 25’, congregational humming will be practiced as the alternative to singing at on-site worship gatherings.
- Spatial distance will be maintained by using alternate pews and limiting the number of people in the sanctuary. Members of a household may sit together without distance. All others must maintain appropriate distance. The Multi-Purpose Room (MPR) will be used for ‘overflow’ seating.
- Because space is limited, pre-registration is necessary. You may reserve space either by using the online form (eProgram, website, and social media) or by contacting the church office (717-264-8414). After registering, you will receive direction about which room (sanctuary or MPR) you will be assigned.
- If your reserved space is in the sanctuary, you will use the sanctuary door (facing Black Gap Road). If you are in the MPR, you will use the main entrance (carport). These are the only doors which will be unlocked. You will also leave by these same doors.
- Ushers will direct you to seating areas so that safe distance may be maintained. We will begin seating near the front and move toward the rear. This means you may not get to sit where you typically do. If you have mobility issues which limit where you can sit, please continue joining us online.
- Ushers will dismiss from the back and progress to the front. After being dismissed, please exit the building directly, rather than visiting with one another inside. You are free to interact outside, however personal contact should not be part of any interaction.
- Should you become sick, please notify the church office immediately (717-264-8414; firstname.lastname@example.org) to report your condition and where you were seated at an on-site gathering. Your identity will remain confidential, however we need to inform others that they may have been exposed.
We recognize that some of us will disagree about the steps being taken to return to in-person worship gatherings. However, these guidelines do enable us to bring as many people as possible, as quickly as possible, and as safely as possible. So, we appreciate your understanding and assure you that adjustments will be made as quickly as they become possible and/or necessary.